We know that this is a challenging time and that schools are shifting to teach online, that’s why we’d like to let you know that this app will be a great tool for engaging students and will simplify teaching online. These are instructions to prepare you for the process in case your school is being closed due to quarantine.
How to sign-up as a teacher?
You can sign up via your email or your Facebook account.
Go to https://web.solfeg.io/signup and fill in the blanks. Best to use on a Chrome browser
What is included in the Free Plan?
This plan is free forever, you will always have access to these features:
- 30 free top-hit songs
- Inviting an unlimited number of students
- Lesson plans and ideas for all major topics
- Features like pitch shift, tempo change and many more
If you want access to all songs, you can choose to upgrade to our School Plan
How to invite students to Solfeg.io?
You can invite an unlimited count of students to Solfeg.io for free.
First, go to “Students” on the main menu.
then copy the unique invite link and send it to your students.
They can use the link to sign up and they will be automatically added to a list on your dashboard. You can remove a student from your dashboard at any time.
What will I need to host an online class for more than one person?
- Computer and internet access to open Solfeg.io
- Video conference call provider
We recommend using Google Hangouts. Here’s the instruction:
You can also use platforms like Skype or Messenger.
Tip: Tell your students to mute their microphones. Make sure they only unmute when speaking for improved communication and sound quality.
How to plan a lesson online?
Use one of our upgraded lesson plans for teaching remotely and follow the steps
See lesson plans
How should I prepare before starting my lesson?
- Make sure to share the Solfeg.io sign-up link with your students and ask them to log into their accounts prior to the class
- Set up a conference call and share it with your students
- Open-up the lesson plan in another tab so you can quickly look at it during your class if you need to
Online class announcement template for students:
Instructions for your next lesson
- Open this Google video call link via phone: insert your unique Google Hangouts invite link here
Access your Solfeg.io account via desktop: insert your unique Solfeg.io invite link here
- Have a staff paper and pen at hand
- The online class will be 45 min. Ideally, situate yourself in a room with the least background noise
- We will be learning: insert the topic here
- Link to the song you will be using from Sofleg.io library: insert the link here
How do I assign homework?
To assign homework we recommend using section 'skills' with online classes that are using chatbot technology. Each student can independently learn a selection of topics at their own pace using audiovisual materials.
Alternatively, you can also view our suggestions for homework in our lesson plans and assign students using google classroom.
If you have any questions or suggestions, you can always write to us at anna @solfeg.io
You can also chat with our Teacher Support to help you get started by scheduling a call here: https://calendly.com/solfegio