- You can filter songs by chords they contain
- Use the loop function for practicing
Lesson starter: Play 3 popular songs in Solfeg.io that share the same chords. Show the class that by learning at least 3-4 chords you can play more than one song.
15 mins: Choose one song to start with. Using the chord display in Solfeg.io teach the students how to read the different chord diagrams for piano, guitar and ukulele.
Lesson plan: Divide the students into groups with their chord instruments of choice. Typically guitar, piano and/or ukulele but you can divide these groups the easiest way for your classroom. Teach one of the suggested chord progressions. Loop sections of the song so the students have a chance to practice repeatedly until playing the chords becomes easier.
- Complete a Musical Journey! If you don’t have an instrument download a piano on your mobile phone, there are plenty of free ones!
- Learn and practice a new chord progression
- Record your chord progression using your mobile phone and try singing the melody along with it.
Goal aims: Playing melodies, bass lines, rhythms and chord progressions; Understanding different musical elements and building blocks; Personal musical expressions and performance.
- C, Em, G, D chords: Cool Kids-Echosmith, Perfect-Ed Sheeran, Viva La Vida-Coldplay
- C, Am, F, G chords: Stitches-Shawn Mendes, Riptide-Vance Joy, Ho Hey-The Lumineers