Materials: Device x3 and projector
Lesson Length: 45-60 mins
Task: Learning more about musical artists and their genres
- The class chooses three different artists and their song in Solfeg.io. Here are some suggestions.
- Perfect- Ed Sheeran
- Another One Bites The Dust - Queen
- Just The Way You Are-Bruno Mars
(Or any other 3 from the song library)
- Choose one of the songs and press play and listen to it with the class. If they choose, they can sing along, or clap or play on small percussion instruments (e.g. shakers, claves, hand drums) the rhythm lines. Do this for each song!
- Split the class into three groups. Each group will explore specific links to learn more about the artist and their music.
- General information about artists and their lives: https://biography.com
- To learn about music genres check out https://musicmap.info/
- Watch original or live versions of the artists on https://www.youtube.com
- In the last 10 minutes of the lesson each group presents to the class what they learned about their artist.