- You can see the structure for every song right above the vocal track in the song player
- You can navigate through the song by clicking the different sections(e.g verse, chorus etc.)
- Use the loop function for practicing
Lesson starter: Start the lesson with a famous chorus, singing and having the students echo. Discuss what makes a chorus memorable and what is its purpose in the song?
15 mins: Find three songs with three different song structures and discuss the different parts and their purposes. Intro, verse, pre-chorus, chorus, bridge, outro.
Lesson plan: Choose one song and go over the chord progression. Discuss where and how the chord progression changes throughout the song. Discuss the melody, instruments, rhythm, lyrics, and how all the different pieces fit together to form a song.
- Find the meanings behind the lyrics of two different songs, one before the 2000’s and one after. What are they about? How do they compare? Do you relate to them in any way?
- Choose a favourite song on the radio and write down the structure.
Goal aims: Understanding different musical elements and building blocks; Musical composition and creation of music; Knowledge of instrument groups and how they function in music.
Song suggestions: Let It Be-The Beatles, Imagine-John Lennon, If I Were a Boy-Beyonce, Believer-Imagine Dragons